Ninjas are three things:
- They're smart
- They're quick
- They're deadly accurate
Ninjawords is a dictionary for the iPhone built on these principles. We made it because we saw that the low-cost dictionaries on the App Store are slow, cluttered, and all use the same bad data source (WordNet) for their definitions.
Ninjawords takes a different approach. We use awesome, fresh, high quality data with more words and synonyms than you can throw a ninja star at. And best of all, when you look up your words, they all stay on the page. No need to flip back and forth between different pages as you look up multiple words.
- Works completely offline.
- Word of the day each time you start the app.
- Touch to get a random vocabulary word.
- Thesaurus (each definition has synonyms).
- Fast like a ninja.
New in version 1.1
- Pronunciations! We now have audio pronunciations for a ton of words -- just click the speaker icon. This feature requires network access.
- Censorship removal. Apple has said it's OK for us to publish to the App Store without limiting the dictionary. Thank you everyone for your tremendous support.